Thursday, April 8, 2010

THE CRY OF THE INNOCENT




Something really troubles me from the bottom of my heart whenever I express my emotions and feelings towards these mere victims of HIV/AIDS and those living in Poverty.
It was neither mission nor my will for disaster to conquer our families leaving young children orphaned and who later find their way to the Streets Of The Ghetto wondering all over at least to find something to sustain their basic needs like food, shelter which they hardly find.
Many are the times I nurtured suicidal deaths when I watched these young children wearing ragged clothes and almost half naked struggling for themselves in order to put a meal on their stomach. Truly! A misfortune never comes and it does, it’s occasionally.
It was late in the evening when I popped into the streets and got many of the street children at a place they termed as a base. Oh! It was unbelievable and suddenly a salty fluid ran over my checks, the air within their abode was dusty and full of stench of rubbish. When I entered into a tiny polythene room where they used to spend their nights and the blankets were clinking with water and the flour was wet such that no Creature could admire to sleep in such a place, not even a pig. I gave them pieces of advice as they looked at me despairingly with empty stomach. I wished I had the capability to assist them but unfortunately it was contrary.
The answers they gave me on their life:
We spend most of our time at dump sites where they are in search of the food remains and scrap metals that they sell to scrap dealers to get some little amount that they use it to buy glue that they usually take glue just to forget their past and what they go through, horribly it’s a pity. The scraps and recycled plastics cost KHS.13 A Kilogram.
I urge Parents and leaders to assist in getting rid of this traumatic disease which leaves our dreams and goals reduce into ashes and we children grow responsible and wanted people in the future..

By Fredrick Ochieng

No comments:

Post a Comment